Posted on September 7th, 2015
Produciton Design and Consulting
The inception for this two-day conference hosting 1000 VIPs event was put in motion less than three months before the event! Even with the crazy timeline (and perhaps because of it) it was an honor and a privilege to be asked to design and lead production for this event.
- ideation of concept
- refining concept to fit inside the constraint of $5K
- iteration of prototype
- approval of concept
- partnership in developing story and production management
- prepping cast and crew
- Collaboration and intentional choice for continuity of brand in every part of stage, room, handout, and communication
- Producing uniquely formatted videos and graphic assets
- ordering of materials
- leadership of construction/assembly
- rush-order of mislabeled box of material and adaptability to rework setup plan
- coordination of rehearsal
- programming of lighting, video, and special effects cues
- execution of audio including a last minute live voiceover intro by yours truly
Constraints drive creativity. Moving fast actually helps leverage pushing past doubt and leads to excitement about our concepts during ideation. Leadership, creativity, design - it’s all problem solving! The buzz and excitement about the project was useful in leveraging contribution from numerous collaborators. Delegation to key personalities was key in leadership of execution. It was beautiful to see many people leverage their talents and a number of young team members realize new passions as they learned new skills on the fly!
Feel free to read the full detailed version of this blog post if you’re curious for more of the story.